LONG TERM CARE PLANS
Planning for a major health event is a critical step for anyone over 50. We're here to make that process simple and affordable.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
SELF-FUNDING (PAYING FOR COSTS OUT-OF-POCKET)
- You can use your money for any purpose.
- Future inflation could potentially reduce your buying power.
- Spending down your assets to pay for care could impact your retirement lifestyle and your legacy.
HYBRID LIFE INSURANCE/
LONG-TERM CARE COMBINATION PRODUCTS
- You’ll have coverage for qualified long-term care expenses offering inflation protection options and extension of long-term care benefits.2
- This choice gives you flexibility to repurpose benefits or get a return of premium if you never need care.
- Underwriting may be streamlined to make getting coverage faster and easier.
TRADITIONAL LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE
- You’ll have coverage for long-term care expenses.
- Full underwriting is required.
- Your premiums are not guaranteed, so you may have a low initial annual cost that ultimately may become more expensive.
LIFETIME ANNUITIES WITH LONG-TERM CARE RIDERS
- You can secure guaranteed lifetime income.
- These accelerate your income access to pay for some long-term care expenses.
- The accelerated benefits will reduce your income options until the benefit is exhausted.
LIFE INSURANCE WITH ACCELERATED BENEFITS RIDERS
- You'll have legacy protection through a death benefit.
- The riders accelerate the death benefit to cover qualified long-term care expenses, but this acceleration will reduce your legacy.
- Long-term care benefits are either indemnity or reimbursement.